STOP YOUR SEARCH! Brian Carter’s The Like Economy is just the book you have been looking for. And here’s why.
As a society we appear to have zipped through the “social media is just a fad” stage of development and run full tilt into the “just jump into it” phase. Today brands and organizations are falling all over themselves to use social media for marketing purposes, often without really understanding how to do so effectively.
What is a recipe for disaster? Using social media for marketing purposes without a clear understanding of:
- What you are doing
- Why you are doing what you are doing
- Who you hope to do it with
- How the social media tool you are attempting to use actually works
- How you will know you have been successful
Yet every day another organization gamely jumps into the social media arena and begins “sharing”; updating feverishly in the hopes of attracting more sales, more leads, more brand recognition, more…whatever.
Nowhere is this more prevalent than on Facebook, one of the largest social networks in the world with more than 800 million active users. Facebook looks easy and many organizations jump into it without knowing what they are trying to accomplish, only to abandon the effort, convinced that Facebook just doesn’t work for marketing.
Yet Facebook, used strategically and with expert guidance, can be an extremely effective addition to the digital marketing mix. The Like Economy provides that expert guidance. This book takes you by the hand and guides you through the process of using Facebook for marketing. It is ideal for the “marketing newbie” as well as the seasoned marketer or brand manager who is hoping to add successful Facebook marketing tactics to an overall program.
Author, Brian Carter is respected as one of the elite internet marketing experts in the world. His hands-on business experience, cutting edge insights, background in improv and stand up comedy culminate in a speaker and trainer who leaves every audience not only entertained, but armed with powerful strategies and tactics. Carter is the bestselling author of The Like Economy and co-author of Facebook Marketing. He also wrote an ebook called How To Get More Fans on Facebook.
With The Like Economy you get into the nuts and bolts of running Facebook ad campaigns; everything from understanding the power of Facebook advertising to identifying the type of ad to run, creating and testing the ads and understanding the ad reports Facebook generates. But you get so much more. The Like Economy addresses:
- The power of positive marketing
- Making the case for Facebook marketing
- How Facebook fits into your business and other marketing efforts
- Five ways to achieve profits with Facebook
- How not to fall on your face
- How to continuously get better results
- Going beyond benefits to arouse your fans desire for what you offer
- Setting up your Facebook page to get more fans and sales
- How to capitalize on the most powerful marketing tool
- Capturing qualified prospects as fans and group members
- How to get more likes and comments
- Achieving other corporate goals on Facebook
- Analyzing your Facebook results
- Sales and influence tactics for increased Facebook profits
- Principles for success
At this point I should disclose that I have been a member of Brian Carter’s Fanreach course and Fanreach Facebook group for more than a year. I consider him a friend. Brian has taught me things about using Facebook effectively that I have been able to translate into measurable results for my clients and for my own business. It is because I have learned from Brian Carter, and proven that what I have learned works, that I have been so eager to read “The Like Economy” (affiliate link). I recommend it highly and am certain you will find it a essential tool in your marketing toolbox.
To your Facebook marketing success!